Premium Cabinet Features
Cabinet manufacturers are becoming increasingly creative when it comes to creating special features to make kitchens, bathrooms, and other areas of the home more functional and visually appealing.
This page outlines a few of the more common cabinet features offered today. Each cabinet line has its own selection of features, so you'll want to take the time to consider what features are most important to you.
Other Cabinet Characteristics & Features
Custom Cabinet Options
The Carpet Barn, we can tailor your cabinets to your specific needs. Learn more about some of the more basic features that we offer today.
- Pull out drawers & shelves: For lower cabinets and drawers with extra height fronts.
- Appliance garages: Covered spaces to keep small appliances when not in use.
- Overlays: This decorative element can be attached to locations such as the stove hood.
- Turned posts: Like table legs, they may be used on an island to support the countertop.
- Corbels: These decorative braces look as if they are holding up a shelf or countertop.
- Mirror molding: Molding used in bathrooms to frame vanity mirrors for a finished look.
- Wainscoting: These panels are installed along the walls connecting with the cabinetry.
- Light rail: This molding is used under cabinets to hide lights and provide a finished look.
- Pilasters: These columns project out from a wall or cabinet to add an elegant touch.
- Decorative feet: Feet may be inserted to create a look of furniture or add dimension.